An Electronic Health Record is a patient’s information chart which is in a digital form. Electronic Health Record gives patient-related information immediately and in a secure manner to accredited users. Though EHR consist mainly of the patients clinical data and treatments it is built to go far from just the clinically accumulated data resulting in better healthcare of the patient and giving a wider glance over the patient’s medical history.
Electronic Healthcare Records consist of results from a test, allergies that the patient may have, radiology images, medications that the patient is currently taking along with those that should be prescribed, diagnosis and history. It also grants access to tools based on evidence for further decisions to be taken about the patients’ healthcare and render concentrated workflow.
One of the most imperative functions performed by the Electronic Health Records is that it has the ability to provide a patient’s medical data across organizations such as workplace, clinics, laboratories, pharmacies, hospital, emergency facilities and specialist in order to have a gathered data of the patient that contains analyses of more than one organization.
Benefits of Electronic Health Record:
- Immediate access to the records and imperative information of the patient.
- Function enhancing tools and report provided on real-time basis.
- Prescription that is more dependable and safe.
- Enables precise billing and coding along with legit documentation.
- Provides additional features like reminders, clinical information, alerts etc.
- Improved communication with other healthcare organizations.
- Sending messages or alerts to other medical staff easily.
- Accurate receipts of tests and diagnosis from laboratories.
The world has been thoroughly revolutionized with the help of technology. Laptops, smart phones and other devices have altered the way we function on a daily basis. In this era, with the help of Electronic Health Records information is accessible at any place and given time.
Electronic Health Record has been adopted by several healthcare providers as they believe it is also useful in cost cutting making it reasonable in several aspects.
- Cost of re-filling and storage is decreased.
- Enhanced management of disease and quality of care.
- Cost of transcription is reduced.
- Coding of reimbursement is precise.
Implementation of Electronic Health Record
The implementation of this technology requires an assessment to be conducted regarding current goals, requirements, and financial data with clear view of mobility. Professionals and health care organizations that are qualified must certify the Electronic Health Record technology in order to obtain significant results. The installation of this system also requires professional training that helps avoiding and fixing technical errors. The use of this system on a daily basis results in continuous improvement.
Crystal Market Research published a report on “Electronic Health Records Market by Type – Global Industry Analysis and Forecast to 2025” released and accessible at