Modern approaches in microelectronics, data analysis techniques, telecommunications and sensor manufacturing have introduced various possibilities for making the use of technology that is wearable in the digital health ecosystem to accomplish an extent of health issues. To collect physiological and data of movement, earlier sensors in wearable technology were inconvenient due to their sizes. Currently, wearable sensors can be used conveniently in digital health monitoring systems due to microcontroller functions, wireless data transmission, miniature circuits and front-end amplification.
Wearables and sensors grant constant physiological monitoring with less manual interference and at a low cost. Sensors can be fixed into numerous accessories and devices like shoes, smartphones, clothes, wristwatches, hats, eyeglasses, wristbands, headphones and socks. Few sensors, primarily the medical-grade ones are used on independent basis. Numerous wearable tech products make the use of various digital health sensors that are totally unified with sensor networks that consist of body-worn or ambient sensors. It has become convenient and reasonable to manage health monitoring systems networks due to the introduction of cloud-computing as numerous wearable sensors can be updated without installing the software in the monitoring devices.
As years go by, technology advances and wearable and sensors are abbreviated, more innovative applications will be invented. Intervention of medical sensors into consumer electronics will be extensively noticed that will allow home-based medical data collection and precautionary health programs.
Modern applications of sensors and wearables consist of:
- Home Rehabilitation sensors at times, are used in a combination of reciprocal gaming and essential reality in order to provide home-based rehabilitation for old people, people who suffer heart disease and physiotherapy.
- Health and Wellness monitoring Sensors and wearables that help to detect physiological data in older people with chronic conditions can provide clinical support in time.
- Treatment adequacy assessment with the help of sensors and wearables, it becomes easy to monitor the outcomes and results of the treatment and also monitor any physiological changes in the patient’s body.
- Safety Monitoring Sensors and wearables are said to detect epileptic seizures, if the patient is collapsing or heart attacks in susceptible individuals with alarms that alert the care providers.
- Early detection of disorderswith the combination of physiological sensors and activity monitors, this application assists in detecting changes and symptoms in the patient’s body and renders clinical support within time.
Sensors and wearables are also said to be helpful in gathering biometric data such asmuscle bio-signals, heart rate and brainwave from the human body to give out essential information in the sector of healthcare and wellness.