The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has endorsed the utilization of a wireless ultrasound scanner, a gadget that can help doctors finish top notch scans immediately when they have constrained access to conventional machines. The ultrasound device is a pocket-sized scanner that can remotely connect with Apple and Android phones. It was first presented in March 2016 and is intended to enable doctors to quickly scan and direct short procedure at patient’s bedside.
Market for Wireless Ultrasound Scanner
The global market for ultrasound devices was evaluated USD 7.3 Billion in 2016 and is estimated to reach a significant number during the forecast period by registering itself at a considerable CAGR owing to many key factors. Introduction of this new device, which can connect to mobile devices remotely, will definitely fuel this market. The Market driving factor for the growth of this market are rising demand for light weight and portable ultrasound equipment, reduction in costs of diagnosis and improved patient experience during the procedure. The only factors which inhibit the growth of this market are lack of experts in the handing of such equipment and the complicated and high costs of installation.
Details about the Wireless Ultrasound Scanner
The scanner operates on the power supplied by a rechargeable battery and can picture the mid-region, lungs and heart. Worked with a magnesium case it has high durability, it is intended to withstand rough conditions and is water submersible which makes it easy to clean and disinfect. It is hand held, light weight and is best for point of care and relatively short procedure like a cardiac scan. Images captured by it are sent wirelessly to the doctor’s device, where they can be stored or even shared over cloud for consultation. It includes a transducer, amplifiers, digital processors, pulse generator for transmission etc.
Particular Application and Advantages over other devices
- It pictures muscle, delicate tissue, and bone surfaces exceptionally well.
- It provides “live” pictures, where the administrator can choose the most valuable segment for diagnosing and archiving changes. Live pictures additionally help with performing ultrasound-guided biopsies or infusions, which can be quite complicated with other imaging devices.
- It demonstrates the internal organ structure.
- It has no seen long termside effects and is comparatively comfortable.
- Hardware is generally accessible and similarly adaptable.
- Small and light, effectively conveyed scanners are accessible so the patient could be examined at his/her bedside.
- Better spatial than most other imaging modalities.
- This ultrasound gadget can offer an exam at a moderately reasonable price, and effective advice for patients and easy tissue portrayal and advancement of new picture imaging strategies.